Skip to content

This forum does not allow guests to view posts. You will need to login or register to view/post

StuckGuys is a forum for people with a stuck/spinning fetish. This involves usually guys spinning or getting their vehicle stuck in mud/snow/sand or anything else. Everyone is welcome here. If your interested in stuck females check out StuckWorld

Ever damaged a vehicle getting stuck?

Stuck Chat
  • So despite running this forum I have yet to get stuck myself due to an eyesight issue preventing me from driving. and everyone I speak to about doing this is scared about damaging their cars.

So how risky is this stuff actually? I know the basics like not overworking the engine and clenaing the car afterwards to prevent rusting etc but is the any other risks and have you ever managed to do damage while spinning?

• stuckadamS stuckadam pinned this topic on
  • Overheat the transmission. Burn out the clutch. One of the most frequently busted and needing repairs items on big rig trucks is the interaxle divider that locks the 2 axles together to turn at the same speeds.
    Read a story of a cop who got his patrol unit stuck and kept revving the engine and slamming the gears rocking it, it had to be towed to the shop and he had repair costs taken out of his pay.

• Ich fahre im Winter gerne auf verschneiten Strassen und Parkplätze und mag es dort steckenzubleiben. Bisher hatte ich keine Schäden an meinen Autos nur die Reifen auf den Antriebsräder waren dann abgefahren weil ich es mag lange die Räder im Schnee durchdrehen und wühlen zu lassen bei der errregenden Pedalarbeit mit den Nylonfüssen ohne Schuhe bis ich wieder rauskomme.

• To be honest, my larger apprehension/fear is around being caught or found out as I've discussed elsewhere before.

That, and given I'd be renting depending on where I go, I'd rather not deal with a potentially litigious rental firm if I accidentally knacker the clutch 😅😅

• @stuckadam it’s a different story if one has a couple vehicles, one for daily driving and one for fun. Then it’s not such an issue, but over here it seems like not a lot of people can actually afford the added expense to own more than one vehicle unless they have multiple incomes in the household. I’m not sure what it’s like in Europe but on the North American continent imports are pricey as fuck; for example, new brakes and suspension cost me $5500 on my Nissan (blue book value in top condition $11,000) and if I need to replace a transmission it’s $5100 for a new one-not including shipping (6weeks) or installation. Breaking a differentials, or timing chains, or a radiator seal, all expensive ways to not have a ride OR any disposable income for a few weeks.

I’ll also add, anyone who has ever experienced intense cold knows- risk of stuff breaking increases almost exponentially for every degree below -20C. Not everyone sees those temps, granted, but my ability to make content in that is greatly reduced and not worth the financial disaster brought on by needing: $500/hr offroad recovery in the backcountry, months of storage fees while waiting for parts shipments to clear customs, labour for a mechanic to help out when they arrive, and the cost of another ride to get through while waiting.

• Yep. I damaged my car getting stuck once. I ended up needing to get the brakes, brake lines, wheels, and undercarriage fixed on my Audi. Cost was over 8000 USD before insurance. It’s something I definitely worry about after that experience.

The type, angle, viscosity, and depth of the surface and the type of vehicle you’re in all matters. Some stucks are far riskier than others, but most of the time it’s fine if you use your brain!

• La última vez que me quedé atascado se me sopló la junta de la tapa de cilindros por la recalentda. Pero la reparación no me resultó muy costosa. Gaste mas dinero en reponer el par de tacones altos que arruiné en esa ocasión.

• I have found that trucks can take a lot more abuse than cars. Transmissions seem to be the weak spot. I've blown a few, but I also spin rather aggressively.

• System unpinned this topic on
  • I’ve burned a few clutches out and spun several tyres to wire and a couple of gearboxes also blew a head gasket on a 328 bmw but I also tend to get nasty with them when I’m stuck.

• Slid into a tree once stuck in a field

• I live out in the country and have a big lot with multiple vehicles. I have two trucks one 2019 wich is my everyday commute and the other that is a yard truck. I also have a beater car that I cruise around the property and sometimes just spin the tires until thay blow!!! But at the end of the day I fix them myself!! If u have the mechanics skills then ur fine!! Have fun and burn them tires!!!

• "Have fun and burn them tires!" - HELL yeah!!!
    '

• I went for a drive one night and slid off the road in an icy spot and bent the front fender. I was sooo stuck, I tried and tried to get out but just ended up burying it so deep

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics